An EPIC Road Trip, there is nothing like it! Driving past active volcanoes, blue icebergs, and roaring waterfalls, and northern lights on Iceland’s Ring Road!
Iceland’s Ring Road encircles the entire country, covering over 800 miles. Although this is doable in less than 24-hours, as Iceland is just a bit smaller than the state of Kentucky, we will take 12-days to complete the journey.
We will be taking in the all the scenic beauty Iceland has to offer and stopping often to get out an appreciate the view!
Why October? Two reasons; 1) we will have a better chance of catching a glimpse of the Northern Lights, and 2) summer officially ends in September – making October both warmer than the dead of winter, still — with a high chance of seeing the aurora borealis.
More about the Northern Lights
Here are some of the things we are going to do:
- Marvel at the most beautiful of Iceland’s waterfalls
- Soak up the beauty at the Blue Lagoon
- Visit a traditional Icelandic horse stables
- Take a dip in natural hot springs surrounded by mossy hills
- Visit black sand beaches and volcanic craters
And more! Join us at one of the upcoming Iceland Inspiration “Meet-ups” to help select our excursions and adventures.
Iceland Inspiration “Meetups”
Detailed itinerary coming soon!
Saturday, October 13, 2018
Arrivals. Pickups from the airport. A and light dinner. Staying a the Kex Hotel in Reykjavík, Iceland.
Sunday, October 14, 2018
Up early to make our way to the Blue Lagoon for a soak and to take in the beauty of it all. We ware staying at the Viking House in Hella, Iceland.
Monday, October 15, 2018
We are spending another night at the Viking House in Hella, Iceland. We will spend our day exploring the Golden Circle. Iceland’s Golden Circle is full of geysers, craters, waterfalls and a geothermal hot spring. We will also check out a couple of “Game of Thrones” locations.
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Tuesday we will head out on an excursion to discover the highlights of Southern Iceland. Where will see the glacier lagoon, black sand beach with iceberg rocks, and black basalt waterfall. We will be spending the next two-nights at at the Borgarfjordur Guesthouse, in Borgarfjordur Eystri, Iceland. It is a WONDERFUL location, a 15-minute walk to the beach, featuring the Elf Lounge, guests can come here to listen to elf tales or simply relax. There are several marked hiking trails in the surrounding area. The well-known bird colony at Hafnarhólmi is just a 5-minute drive away.
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Today, we will rest and local village. There is a relaxation area which includes an infra-red sauna, outdoor wooden hot tub, whirlpool and steam sauna – so there will likely be wine! This is our last night at the Borgarfjordur Guesthouse, in Borgarfjordur Eystri, Iceland.
Thursday, October 18, 2018
After driving across the northeastern side of Iceland. We’ll make a few stops, such as the Dettifoss waterfall, which is Europe’s largest waterfall. This is the most remote and little-visited region where we can see sea birds and whales in their natural, unspoilt environment. We will bunk in the Borðeyri Guesthouse, in Borðeyri, Iceland.
Friday, October 19, 2018
Today we will take a day trip up to Westfjords, in the upper, Northwestern region of Iceland – with little seaside villages and breathtaking cliffs. We have another night at the Staying at the Borðeyri Guesthouse, in Borðeyri, Iceland
Saturday, October 20, 2018
Our final night will be in Reykjavik. It is a short drive from Borðeyri Reykjavik. We can choose another venture or arrive early in time to spend a few hours in the city. We are staying at the Oddsson Hotel in Reykjavik, Iceland
Sunday, October 21, 2018
Check-out is at 10 am. After a quick breakfast, we will start getting folks to the airport for their departures. If you have a later flight, you can safely store your bags at the Oddsson while you explore a bit before your flight.
How to Book
- Review the Payment Plan options.
- Click on the “Trip Deposit” button above, or the one below.
- Complete the form, select your payment plan and submit your $200, non-refundable deposit.
- We will be in contact with you for more details, such as your arrival and departure times at the Keflavík International Airport in Iceland.
Be sure to check the Iceland Inspiration Event Schedule for Los Angeles “meet-ups” to meet your fell travelers and prepare for the trip.
PRICE and PAYMENT TERMS
– A deposit of 200.00 (non-refundable) secures your reservation. This trip is limited to 12 people, once we have our 12, we will be full.
- Once we receive your deposit, we I will send you an invoice for the remaining amount and the payment plan schedule.
- Full payment is only due on August 30, 2018, so you have plenty of time to pay.
- If you make payments or pay in full before the due date your payments (minus the deposit) are refundable before the due date (August 30, 2018). After that, all payments are entirely non-refundable.
** The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, and therefore cannot be guaranteed, but this itinerary is designed to maximize your chances to see them!
- All lodging accommodations (These will vary, from guesthouses, to bunk houses, depending on our location and adventures).
- All transportation to our scheduled included activities.
- Entrance to all the included activities listed
- Most meals, exceptions are listed below. Most meals will be provided in a community atmosphere – meaning we will often prepare our meals as a group.
- Transportation to and from the airport in Iceland.
- Flights (see FLIGHT below).
- Selected meals will be “on-your-own”. These will give us an opportunity to explore local recommendations and also give you times to explore the area on your own.
- Optional activities as listed on the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guides, drivers, staff, etc.
- Souvenirs or anything extra you would like to get
- There is no deadline to RSVP. This trip will be limited to 12-people. As soon as you RSVP and send your deposit – we will reserve your place.
Flights are NOT included. Everyone has a different view on air travel. Some are willing to pay the extra bucks for leg room, or direct flights – others stick with the economy flights. You can also use miles or points – if you book on your own. We only ask that you arrive before 10 pm on Saturday, October 13, 2018 and depart before 10 pm on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Passport is required, of course. Your passport must be valid for 6 months after our return date of October 22, 2018. Therefore, it must be valid until at least April 22, 2019. If you don’t have a valid passport or if your passport expires before April 22, 2019, make sure to get started on a new one ASAP
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s websitefor important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Official language: Icelandic
- Currency: Icelandic króna
- Must be 18 or older
Travel Ninja Travel Resources