New York: Big City Weekend!
Fall is the BEST time of year to visit New York! The cultural calendar kicks into gear with Broadway opening, film festivals and more. Great weather, it is no longer sweltering hot, the air is brisk but not blistering cold yet. The bonus is that Central Park comes alive with color.
Join us for long weekend in New York City!
Trying to do New York City in a few days is like trying to tour Europe in a week: there is too much to see and experience. But we’ll hit the iconic spots and uncover some of the lesser known sights.
Here is a list of the some of the sights and experiences we will take in:
- Take a tour of the iconic sights in Central Park and all its autumn splendor
- Tour of Chinatown, Little Italy, Lower East Side and Immigrant Experience
- Staten Island Ferry ride to catch the view of Lady Liberty and the New York skyline
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset and snap some amazing photos of the New York skyline
- We’ll learn to ride the subway like a local
- Grab some amazing New York pizza in Hell’s Kitchen
- Soak up some creative juices at the Museum of Modern Art
- An underground tour of New York’s subway
- Enjoy the magical chaos in Times Square
- Stroll through the masterpieces at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
You will have the option to add the following to your weekend:
- Visit to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Tour of the Tenement Museum
- Visit the World Trade Center and the 9/11 Memorial
- Take in a Broadway play or musical
* additional costs for these excursions
Thursday, November 15, 2018
Everyone arrives in the city, get settled in your room. Depending on your flight, you might have time to explore the city a bit. We will have a welcome dinner in Hell’s Kitchen together.
Friday, November 16, 2018
After breakfast, we will head to Central Park for a tour of the most iconic sites the park has to offer. The afternoon is free for you to explore on your own or with a friend. Suggested sites and detailed instructions will be provided. We will meet in the evening to explore the Museum of Modern Art and have dinner at one of the suggested restaurants.
Saturday, November 17, 2018
A quick breakfast and then we will head downtown for a tour of Little Italy, Chinatown and we will hear historic immigrant stories. Again the afternoon will be free for you to either leisurely explore the city or take in another iconic site. We will meet again in the late-afternoon and grab the subway across to Brooklyn and take a stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset – a perfect time to capture the city skyline. Once on the Manhattan-side, we will stop for a drink and a bite to eat.
Sunday November 18, 2018
Sunday morning is open for you to choose your excursion, with a bit more time, you can journey downtown to visit the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island or take the Staten Island ferry over for lunch. We will meet in the late afternoon for an amazing tour of New York’s underground – the magical subway system and its history.
Monday November 19, 2018
Monday is our departure day. We check out at 11 am, you are able to store your luggage at the hostel if you have a later flight.
How to Book
- Review the Payment Plan options.
- Click on the “Trip Deposit” button above, or the one below.
- Complete the form, select your payment plan and submit your $125, non-refundable deposit.
- We will be in contact with you for more details, such as your arrival and departure times in New York.
PRICE and PAYMENT TERMS
– A deposit of 125.00 (non-refundable) secures your reservation. This trip is limited to 16-people, once we have our 16, we will be full.
- Once we receive your deposit, we I will send you an invoice for the remaining amount and the payment plan schedule.
- Full payment is only due on September 30, 2018, so you have plenty of time to pay.
- If you make payments or pay in full before the due date your payments (minus the deposit) are refundable before the due date (September 30, 2018). After that, all payments are entirely non-refundable.
- All lodging accommodations (We will be staying at an uptown hostel, in quad rooms. The location includes a secured entrance, free wifi and access to pool and gym)
- Unlimited Metro rides (an unlimited Metro card for all the bus and subway rides you need)
- Entrance and fees to all the included tours and activities listed above
- Daily itinerary and map for planned and suggested activities
- Daily breakfast, dinner on Thursday and Saturday and lunch on Friday
- Flights (see FLIGHT below).
- Selected meals will be “on-your-own”. (These include; 2-lunches and 1-dinner) This will give you time to explore the area on your own and an opportunity to explore some of the local recommendations.
- Transportation to and from the airport (public transportation is less than $6, detailed instructions will be provided – along with alternatives)
- Optional activities as listed on the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guides, drivers, staff, etc.
- Souvenirs or anything extra you would like to get
- There is no deadline to RSVP. This trip will be limited to 16-people. As soon as you RSVP and send your deposit – we will reserve your place.
Flights are NOT included. Everyone has a different view on air travel. Some are willing to pay the extra bucks for leg room, or direct flights – others stick with the economy flights. You can also use miles or points – if you book on your own. We only ask that you arrive before 10 pm on Thursday, November 15, 2018 and depart before 10 pm on Monday, November 19, 2018.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Currency: US Dollar
- Must be 18 or older
Travel Ninja Travel Resources
New York City Lodging
New York Sites